Copy pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knipper

Baseband Member
Hi

I was wondering if someone new a program that allowed my to copy a color photo and then erase the colors just leaving the drawing. My daughter has brought home 8 X 10 photos of horses and she wants me to scan the photo and erase the colors so she color the picture. Thanks for the help

My guess is you're out of luck. You would have to find a program that could magically figure out what part of the picture you wanted to keep and what part of the picture you wanted to remove. As you may or may not know, computers are extremely bad a photo recognition, so it couldn't even recognize a horse if it watned to. There are many universities working on this kind of recognition software, but the technology is just not here yet.

if you have microsoft office, they have a wonderful tool called "photo editor". It lets you perform lots of effects on pictures, and comes with office bundled with it.

The only free photo software that could do that is google picasa or you could search www.download.com and search for somethings.

The GIMP might do it, but it will certainly not do it in one step. Probably your best bet is to solarize the image really agressively, then trace the lines generated manually.

kodak Easyshare offers an option called Coloring book, which does this for you. It's touchy, but does kind of work...

Paint Shop Pro

Picture008.jpg

Picture0081.jpg

Picture00811.jpg

I used to have a program that did exactly that...if im not mistaken, it was Print Artist...but that was around 5 years ago...I used to import pictures (of cartoons though, but any picutre should work) and there was a coloring book option that did exactly that...and the output was very good..i used to print them and they looked exactly like coloring books...

I hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom