Poor labeling.. is it AGP or PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk97

In Runtime
I bought a card from amazon (with gift cards, so it was a very fixed budget)

Just a GeForce 6200, only problem I was looking at one for agp and then decided to get the 'low profile' and 256 mb one for the **** of it.

Card in question

Now I didn't notice in the title it says pcie (doh I need to sleep more)
so when I saw it later I freaked (can't return things bought w/ gift cards -doh again) but under the tech specs it says AGP.. and XFX's web site shows that they only make AGP version of the real 256mb card, and the only pcie cards are all turbo caching crap.

So, is it AGP or am I going to have to complain and try to get it exchanged? (bloody thing started shipping already, yet it'll be here on the 22th... crappy free shipping):confused:

I believe its only AGP because its DDR2. But then again i didnt know they still made cards w/ DDR2 anymore so idk. The whole thing could be bogus.

Ya... well what can I say gift cards... I can't be picky.

Thanks for the small amount of reassurance, from now on I tell reletives no more amazon.

Well its not Amazon, just the card dosent sound legit to me. Id find something else to spend the gits cards on on Amazon. But hey, its only gift cards anyway so making a small risk maybe wont hurt?

Whoa on further inspection, the shipping weight is ... 48 pounds..
The card is 'legit' as in XFX manufactures that exact specification. That said It does look kinda shady. Well if it isn't right then I'll be complaining to amazon and maybe get a free 6600 upgrade :)

I think anything on there is a risk thing.
You think anything on amazon is a risk thing? I've bought tons of crap from there as well as lots of family members, not to mention we have a store on there as well.

Like your taking a risk buying something like off of Ebay. I dont think they take up for anything that happens thats bad. Not everybody you buy from can be risky or w/e.

I think I'd save up for a more worthwhile card on newegg... buy some cool WWII books on amazon, maybe a CD or two...

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom