RAM and motherborad probs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_emmynem

In Runtime
when i attach 512 333 DDR RAM to my desktop PC.....the PC restarts frequently....and when only 256 MB is attached....the PC runs Ok....but after sometime...it again turns off Completely!!! and then i have to remove the plug to turn on....plz help me ....and i attached and bought the New Ram......but even tho the same prob!!! plz help me!!

:angry:

Try memtest with the ram in - google it. But it could be a PSU problem, with it not being able to supply enough power to the PC.

you might try going into the BIOS and setting the memory clocks manually. some BIOS will not correctly recognize memory. be sure you have the latest BIOS. It is also possible you got a bad stick of RAM.

cobalt817 said:
you might try going into the BIOS and setting the memory clocks manually. some BIOS will not correctly recognize memory. be sure you have the latest BIOS. It is also possible you got a bad stick of RAM.

i have bought a brand new RAM....from authorised retail outlet

i will give all the details of the motherboard....see what should i do with the clocks or whatever is dat.....

ASRock P4i45GVGV Chipset
Pentium 4 Prescott 533 Ready CPU
DDR 333
FSB 533 MHZ
Hybrid Booster - Safe Overclocking
Hyper Threading Technology
AGI 8X - The only VGA upgradeable 845GV/GL, 865GV M/B in the world by ASRock patented AGI 8X design
Easy Dual Monitor Upgrade
For Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron Processor, PRESCOTT READY
Intel 845gv, HYPER THREADING TECHNOLOGY
INTEL EXTREME GFX & ASRCOK GRAPHICS INTERFACE - AGI 8X for VGA upgrade

the memory clocking should be 2.5,3,3,7 but you might be overheating as well. in your BIOS, go to "chipset configuration" and enable flexibility option. then go to "cpu configuration" and enable thermal throttleing. let me know if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom