reinstalling windows 98 se

Status
Not open for further replies.

snopro879

Baseband Member
Our old comp downstairs which has windows 98 se, keeps saying, windows explorer has encountered an error, it is reccomended that you reinstall windows. Well, i tried what i thought was reinstalling for my computer once before, and i ended up with 3 OS's...so yea i dont want that to happend down stairs. If i put the disk in and go throught the wholed setup and install process will it create a new copy of windows or will it just copy over the old windows files fixing any problems? thanks.

well the reason you have 3 os's is because you're not partitioning when installing. you tell the computer to just add win98. you're supposed to say copy over the old OS.

yea but it doesnt really say to copy files over old ones, i hit setup and it begins installing, and the reason i had 3 os's before is because i didnt know what i was doing...the whole reason why i said that was to explain why i am kinda scared to run the win98 setup on the other computer downstairs.

ok ive read what ive written and it may be confusing...basically, when i hit setup.exe on the computer, it began installing windows, without the option of copying new files over old files, it just began installing windows. I want to know if this will create a new windows 98 se or will it just copy over the old one?

When I ran win a second and third time it installed over the original installation and corrected the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom