Computer turns on but no video and five short beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
imation said:
My apologies for any miscommunication cobalt. I took it by the way you had written your post "Is it not possible..." that you were asking for clarification. Sorry if I misunderstood. [/QUOTE no need to apologise friend,it is easy sometimes to misunderstand ones point. we are both of us just trying to help out.

well im glad you guys made up lol...there are four memory slots... DIMM_A1 DIMM_A2 DIMM_B1 DIMM_B2 currently the ram is in A1 and B1...the video card is connected directly to the power source it actually takes two plugs and both plugs come from the source the only thing that shares plugs are the cd and dvd drives and the fans

but once upon a time the computer did work and everything was fine i ever was gaming on it...it wasn't until the fan was installed that this problem arose and it isn't the fans because i unplugged them and tried and the same thing happened.

y2myear2000met said:
but once upon a time the computer did work and everything was fine i ever was gaming on it...it wasn't until the fan was installed that this problem arose and it isn't the fans because i unplugged them and tried and the same thing happened.

Buy a new power supply and try it. It doesnt make sense for a cpu or motherboard to short out after installing two case fans. I would say because the power supply came with the case, you may have gotten a dud. They are made very cheaply, and you'll often find they'll be rated a higher watt than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom