IE browser closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm629

Baseband Member
I have some problem with my IE browser (6.0). The darn thing keeps closing every time I go to some specific sites: www.hollywood.com and www.marsmusic.com in particular.

I have no idea what's causing it. I've run AdAware 6.0 and deleted all the things it found. I couldn't get Spybot S&D to work (it keeps shutting down my computer after about halfway check). I've also cleared all my cookies/temp internet files or run a virus check on my computer recently but it still doesn't fix it.

Any idea?

Try removing it then re-installing it. START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE PROGRRAMS>ADD/Remove Windows Components.

I had a friend with the same problem. I mean there was a type of virus/spyware/crap that is closing spybot, and causing the computer to restart. Trying having spybot run before windows finishes loading. Better yet, use the startup section under tools of spybot, and make sure you dont have anything bad starting up.

Question about the Spybot program ... on download.com, people were posting about how bad the program is (and how it's crashed their computers and such). Anyone got info on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom