Computer turns on but no video and five short beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thing I would try before returning mobo/cpu is actually reseating the cpu. If you can be bothered, I would also totally dissasemble the computer (take everything out of the case, and put everything back one by one).

Let us know how you get on.

lol been there done that...at this point I am gonna return the motherboard to newegg.com but I have to go through Intel for the CPU so wish me luck and I'll let everyone knows what happens.

is the aux power on the card even connected to any power source??????

and if it is, is it being shared with other components?

uzi9mm said:
that is a posibility, but highly unlikely if his opening statement that led up to the problem was accurate.
Is it not possible that he removed the ram and put it back in the wrong slots?

cobalt817 said:
Is it not possible that he removed the ram and put it back in the wrong slots?

For basic RAM setups (non dual channel) it doesnt make a spot of difference if either stick of RAM is in either slot. On dual channel boards however, there are a list of compatible RAM configurations in the motherboard manual. Depending on motherboard, the computer wont boot if incompatible RAM chips are installed.

imation said:
For basic RAM setups (non dual channel) it doesnt make a spot of difference if either stick of RAM is in either slot. On dual channel boards however, there are a list of compatible RAM configurations in the motherboard manual. Depending on motherboard, the computer wont boot if incompatible RAM chips are installed.
quite true, however my suggestion is to provide a possible solution,not to argue with you. many problems are often something very simple to fix once you find them. It would be a lot easyer to simply check it than to RMA it. now if he has a dual channel board ,and he put the ram in the wrong slots by accident,it will not boot. and my post was a suggestion,not an order.:rolleyes:

cobalt817 said:
quite true, however my suggestion is to provide a possible solution,not to argue with you. many problems are often something very simple to fix once you find them. It would be a lot easyer to simply check it than to RMA it. now if he has a dual channel board ,and he put the ram in the wrong slots by accident,it will not boot. and my post was a suggestion,not an order.:rolleyes:

My apologies for any miscommunication cobalt. I took it by the way you had written your post "Is it not possible..." that you were asking for clarification. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom