Mobo Beeps and CDdrive no-read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabotage

Beta member
First off comp specs:
2.8ghz intel (Recently replaced after being "burnt out")
MSI 865PE NEO2-LS (Replaced twice)
Radeon x800 pro 256mb
Memorex combo ultra-speed recorder cd-rw/dvd-rom drive.

I think thats all the info needed for this problem, if more is required just ask for it.

Now for a little history:
First Mobo: Incorrectly flashed bios, had it replaced via warranty
Second Mobo: Chip FRIED(like, black) taking the processor with it(or so the repair guy said)
both replaced via warranty

Now i have a problem with my new mobo(or so i believe) and no trust in the repair guy.
I get a series of beeps when i start my computer: 2 fast short PAUSE 1 short
Tells me to press F1 to resume then seemingly works normally.
Only one problem with that: My mobo doesnt seem to be detecting my CD drives(tried 2 different ones, neither showed up in My Computer/Device manager/read CD's)
Right now these drives show up in place of the one i have connected:
2x Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
Obviously these dont work.
I have replaced the IDE cable to no avail, tried to find drivers for the memorex to no avail, rebooted several times simply trying different things to get the computer to recognize the drive to no avail. It is on master and on a single seperate IDE cable as was its working predecessor.
*Note* the other drive(model GCC-4481B from an EMACHINE family computer and grafted onto mine) worked pefectly until i had my most recent mobo blowout and replacement.
And ive just discovered, if this has any connection, that Winamp simply closes or has an error after a song plays even though it worked the reboot before last.
Any ideas? cus im fresh out.

Beeps are fixed, had to turn off the floppy drive in the bios that i didnt have. But my CD drive still does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom