Download IE 7 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind if I jump in here. I have abanond IE for several reasons, chief among which was two things: IE is simply not secure and IE is not stable. Mozilla Sea Monkey is both, Sea monkey has never had a security breach (although its fore runner, Mozilla had two breaches) and I have never heard of Sea Monkey crashing anything (IE does this all the time). Mozilla foundation makes two main browsers Firefox and Mozilla. IMHO Firefox is for the office and Mozilla is for the home (this is simply my oppinion for what its worth). The next major revision to Mozilla is called Sea Monkey. Man, sea monkey has gotten fast on dial up links!!! Imagine what it would do on a broadband link.

Warez Monster said:
how is ff better?
1. Faster.
2. Ad-block (Couldn't live without it.)
3. Extensions galore. I use probably 4-5 mainly that are useful to me.
4. Not put out by Microsoft.
5. Security.

I dont see how.....maybe I'm dumb, I dont know, I just cant see what you all see. Maybe it's over my head, who knows.....

FF is only better cause of the Extensions. What if they didnt have them. No Ad Block. Security? Where? FF has just as many hacks against it as IE does. IE get patched while you get a new version to install. Just cause it doesnt use Active X you say its more secure.

Have you even tried Opera? Have you tweaked it to run better? Have you changed some options so that it works like you want? I didnt think so.

Plus with the new Opera 9 having BitTorrent built in how can you go wrong?

I just dont have any reason to switch....I've used them all and see no difference....applying patches or having it automatically install is a lot easier than installing a new version a few months or so, do you lose your extensions when doing this? I meanm since IE is built into windows, and most spyware target IEm you will always have spyware on your pc correct? THis is how I have seen it. I have cleaned any pc's that the user uses FF and never IE but they still have spyware, etc.

Well i use Opera. In the time since i have installed it only 1 patch has been released. Other than that i have updated the betas i use for it.

I have found that Opera is just a bit better than IE. IT is more secure for some shady searches. It tricks everyone into thinking it is IE. Also it does render images and pages faster, that i have noticed.

I do prefer Opera over FF. I dotn even have that installed. Opera is fast by default. No extention needed. I do have Opera 9, IE7 Beta 2, and AOL Browser installed right now.

Out of the 3 i have. Opera 9. IE7 is second but does give some issues with Updates. That is why #3 is installed. To get around the update issue.

I have my settings tweaked so that it runs a lot like IE. I dont have it set up to run from last time. I got it all set up to run like a new browser everytime. That is where most people go wrong.

Not really. Opera has gotten to be so eay to use. With the wand and the way the bookmarks are done. Just overall easier for me to navigate. I do suspect that once IE7 does come out that i will use it more often than i do but Opera will be my main one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom