PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

996_gt2

Baseband Member
Ok, I'm a bit confused. I currently have a 300w PSU in my box. my box currently has

Athlon 2100+ (thunderbird)
A7V333
BFG 6600GT (has power in)
Maxtor 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
WD 250GB
LG 40x12x40

I actually ran out of leads when installing the BFG card, so i used their splitter. I'm guessing this isnt the greatest, and I plan on upgrading my mobo and cpu to

ASRock 939dual-SATA2
San Diego 3700+

what do I need to do to my PSU? I'm a TOTAL psu n00b, so help me out on what to look for.

would this

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14025&vpn=RS-430-PMSR&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

be appropriate?

well put simply your gonna need to factor in a totally new psu. 330 wont be enough.

BTW are you sure about that motherboard? ASrock usually are quite low end? might be worth spending less on your cpu to get higher quality components elsewhere

The Fortron is the cheapest PSU I would consider getting, and it is very good.

Isn't Asrock the low end AGP ASUS motherboards? Or is that Epox? Anyway, i agree, consider getting a better motherboard in your budget, or drop the CPU down to a 3500.

aj2003 said:
well put simply your gonna need to factor in a totally new psu. 330 wont be enough.

BTW are you sure about that motherboard? ASrock usually are quite low end? might be worth spending less on your cpu to get higher quality components elsewhere

no **** i need to factor in a new PSU, did you read my post? yes I'm sure about the ASRock, read reviews on that mobo, its well liked.

your new M board will be just fine. I would not try and get the cheapest PSU you can buy, as it will lead to future problems. I would not want to get something that I would not be happy with,and end up wasting time and money. plan on spending around $100.00 and look at the specs ( you want more amps in the 12 volt output, and longer hold up times under max load) and reviews first. If you have any plans to upgrade components in the future, the cheap PSU will not do it. A better one will also lend to stabillity and longer component life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom