help choosing computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

taraf

Beta member
I need a new computer, preferably a laptop, but what kind do I get? mac or pc?

main uses:
downloading music (I will need lots of storage space)
surfing the web
some photo editing
the sims

& I do not want to spend a ton of money ($800 or less)

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

PC is the way to go. I can direct you to a website where you can buy a decent and powerful laptop for 800 Quid or less. www.novatech.com - check out their notebook section for a decent machine. The discovery 17'' 3200+ is a good system for The Sims to play on and you get a 80Gb HDD, 1GB RAM and Radeon XPress graphics. Good for £821.33 without an oparating system installed.

I say get a PC desktop also unless you really need a laptop for work or school and take it everywhere. For 800 you can get a great PC setup with a 17" flat panel monitor. Go back a few pages and will see recommendations for some really good value builds in the 600 range, which leaves you with 200 to get a great 17" flat panel.

if thats what you want then dont get a laptop, get a desktop. With laptops they barely have enogh hard drive space, and you cant install videocard on them. I say get a pc desktop and then you can get like a 300gig hard drive and it will come wiht a good videocard for the sims 2.

Here's my recommendation...

AMD Sempron 64 2600+
MSI K8MM-V s754
80gb WD ATA100 7200rpm
512mb G.Skill PC3200 ram (1 stick)
Antec Solution SLK1650B Black Case w/ 350W PSU
Microsoft CA9-00001 Black Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Sony Black IDE CD Burner

All this stuff can be found on newegg. Throw in a copy of Windows XP Home and it should be less than 500, probably less than 450.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom