Which Mother board and Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niether of those motherboards. And I suppose, if I had to chose one of those cards it would be the 6200, but save the money and get a 128mb one.

Is this a new build?

what u mean a new build? i wanna build my own computer yes
this is not for me its for a friend and hes on a tight budget so i need a cheap mother board..which one would u pick out of those 2 if u had too

the other one is 2.93 GHz i guess i'll get that
all he really wants is a decent gaming comp and this i think would work cuz that video card is supposed to play any game that is out right now that u throw at it

Ghz do not matter for AMD.

I wrote this before, no so need to write it out again.

A AMD processor works differently to a Intel. AMD runs alot more efficiently, having smaller pipelines so it can do more per clock, and because of the smaller piplines in runs alot better in games, as AI isn't a written script so some calculations are discarded, and an Intel would have wasted alot more time than a AMD. AMD also makes a huge difference between intel with the onboard memory controller, so it doesn't need to go through the extremly slow memory controller on motherbooards. This onboard memory controller allows bandwidth of up to 6.4ghz when the RAM is run in dual channel with the memory at PC3200, Intel doesn't give twice as much bandwidth when in dual channel.

All this put together makes AMD so much better at gaming than the equiverlent Intel, but at alot less.

Here is the benchtests:

Gaming: http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/11/21/the_mother_of_all_cpu_charts_2005/page29.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom