ASUS K8T800 K8V Deluxe
ASUS ATI RADEON 9800PRO

also i need 512 ddr ram
and a 160 gig harddrive
but of those i have no idea what type or brand
and as last id need a new psu with ???W, and maybe a whole new case to

im not gonna upgrade it very soon, im gonna wait about a month or 2 months
meanwhile the price will have dropped to i suppose

but, will this thing be any good ? cause i know basically nothing about this stuff

Well, Kingston, Crucial, Corsair and Mushkin makes fine DDR RAM;) Kingston and Corsair are the most common though and probably have the best deals on both low end and high end RAM:)

As for hard drives, Western Digital makes fine drives. You can probably find a 7200rpm, 8mb cache drive for a pretty decent price easily:confused:

Antec also makes great power supplies and cases;)

wich type of ram can i use in the k8v?
like pc3000, 3200 ... ?

and to go with that question, can i also put that ram in my current mobo ?

For RAM, the general consensus seems to be Corsair XMS PC3200. I recommend getting a brand name 400+ watt PSU, which should hold any amounts of power and fan cooling you need...unless you plan on using the fans to make it fly.

Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb vid card.

I would question whether you want to spend the money on the AMD64, as few, if any programs utilize 64-bit technology right now. You will probably be better off buying the XP 3200 or whatever and just upgrading your rig to 64 when there are more programs out there (and there are more 64-bit processors, and they are all cheaper).

From what I hear, Seagate makes good hard drives, and they are known for being exceptionally quiet. Might want to look to themfor a HD, but Western Digital is all good also.

and can i put that Corsair XMS PC3200 also in my k7s5a mobo, or not ?
cause if i can id already buy the ram and put it in my current comp cause this one has only got 256 sdr
and then later put it in the new comp

also, why the Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb vid card
instead of the ASUS ATI RADEON 9800PRO wich has 256 mb

and about the athlon64 3000+ and xp 3200+
they are about thesame price
and , atleast thats what i see in reviews, they are just as fast
im not planning to go buy another cpu after like one year to get the 64 bits, then i could have just bought it the first time i suppose

Challis said:
and can i put that Corsair XMS PC3200 also in my k7s5a mobo, or not ?
cause if i can id already buy the ram and put it in my current comp cause this one has only got 256 sdr
and then later put it in the new comp

also, why the Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb vid card
instead of the ASUS ATI RADEON 9800PRO wich has 256 mb

and about the athlon64 3000+ and xp 3200+
they are about thesame price
and , atleast thats what i see in reviews, they are just as fast
im not planning to go buy another cpu after like one year to get the 64 bits, then i could have just bought it the first time i suppose

Umm, well Sapphire makes fablous cards for one and you really don't need 256mb of video RAm, cause nowadays don't utilize it:confused:

Well, I'd say go with the AMD64 3000+ or 64 3200+, because they are alot better for gaming, plus you have the on-die memory controller which is excellent for performance;) I'd go AMD64 rather than the aging XP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom