Status
Not open for further replies.
i should update my g card, but its so boring, ok specs:

mobo: asus p4p800se
cpu: northwood 2.8
ram: geil 1gb
vga: radeon 128mb 9700 pro
ibm 120mb 7200rpm hdd
antec psu and case, the ram mobo, case and psu are all brand new.

oh yea and im getting a new hsf

figero said:
Benchmarks by G4-Tech TV, have proven that more ram than 1GB is not better.

Better than what? Having 2GIG?

People need to realize that benchmarks from major websites and such are done on testbed PC's. These PC's are fairly bareboned when it comes to software and operating systems. They are built to test. This insures a controlled test. The software installed on them is extremely minimal to increase this control. (OS, Drivers, Benchmark Utilities and may-be games, but that's it.)

The fact of the matter is, this is not representitive to a normal users PC. And when it comes to RAM it's hard to benchmark (STORAGE) and say, "2G isn't needed". Well, may-be it's not needed in a TESTBED PC, because it's barebones with software. (I'm refering to running in the background - threads -services - etc...)

I'd like to see them take my PC and do the same benchmarks. Take out 1 or my 2 gigs and run their test, then put back in 2 gigs. I can 110% bet they will say, "2GIG is needed"

It all depends on the PC and the user...

ahh bugger now im torn, do i get another gig, i dont do much, but i just like stuff ya know, at the mo i play bf2 for about 1hr a day, rest of the time on the net or working or something, regardless of my useage, im one of those people that feels like i neeeeed more power, so would i notice a difference?

well BF2 is one of those massively memory hungry games. If anything would see benefit from 2gb BF2 would.

I have an idea, go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Performance. Now click the + Add button, change the performance object to memory, add whatever memory thingos you want, in this case add % Commited Bytes and Mbytes Free and even Writes/Sec and check and log how much memory you use during BF2 or whenever.

Also check how many pages/second because if its doing a lot of pages it is running out of memory and using the hard disk as ultra slow "memory"

Hey wtf dont jack my thread...

anyways first of all 2 gb is better than 1 gb you need to get a new informant...and which slots they go in depends on the motherboard...on mine it's 1 and 2, thanks tho.

second the MAIN reason i'm upgrading is for BF2 and future games.

I mainly need to know whether it will downclock with 4x512 or not.

edit: was just reading mobo manual...whats the difference between 'double rank' and 'single rank' in the DIMM slots?

anyways first of all 2 gb is better than 1 gb

Well we all know that but we are just saying that its not worth the money. you might get 5 - 10 more FPS but is it worth the extra $120 for another GB of ram?

fps, loading times, no skipping when a lot of stuff (sounds) loads at once....its worth it to me...besides im gonna need 2gb of ram in the future anyway.

i'm not trying to debate price or whether it's worth it...i just need to know if 4x512 will downclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom