1GB Ram vs 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndofSanity

In Runtime
Hi i gota question for everyone here, is the peformance increase of going from 1gb to 2gigs of ram worth the money? i've been told you hardly use 1gb anyways. BTW i game alot so keep that in mind and multitask.

Yes, Battlefield 2 takes like 1.25 gb of RAM and thats not including other programs open in the background.

only for bf2 other then that no. u wotn get a perfomance gain what u gooan get is faster loadign time and no stuttering at the start of a map.

If you are doing some high end video/audio editing, then it might also come in useful. For everyday gaming and all other applications, 1GB is usually sufficient.

No, thats not right because 4x1gig would give you twice the RAM.

But 2x512 = 1gig
1x1gg = 1gig

Don't get 4 512 sticks unless you're sure your motherboard can do the 400mhz on each stick with every DIMM filled, many can't.

Right now you don't need 2 gigs. Anyone who has 'thought' they needed it or something because of BF2 and asked me about there has always been stuff on the comp taking resources.

BF2 runs PERFECT on a gig of ram, there is no need for more.

My mobo only has four DIMM. I put two 512's in it initially, because at the time I had no idea that they even made 1gb modules for a single DIMM. I originally planned on getting 4GB, but you are saying that I should just stick in two more 512's whereas 2gb would be more than plenty...correct?

Alex81388 said:
No, thats not right because 4x1gig would give you twice the RAM.

But 2x512 = 1gig
1x1gg = 1gig

Don't get 4 512 sticks unless you're sure your motherboard can do the 400mhz on each stick with every DIMM filled, many can't.

Right now you don't need 2 gigs. Anyone who has 'thought' they needed it or something because of BF2 and asked me about there has always been stuff on the comp taking resources.

BF2 runs PERFECT on a gig of ram, there is no need for more.

There is a need for more because who wants to close down everything every time they want to play a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom