Amd processor options

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0ntcar3

In Runtime
Ok im going to be building another new comp come march when the new geforce cards come (This is assuming they are tons better then my current x1800 which i assume they are going to.)

My current setup is

Intel p4 3.6
ATI X1800 XL (XT wasnt out at the time)
2 74 Raptor's
yadda yadda at the rest.

Anyways, im greedy and like to have the best and most current. Now im going to be overclocking the crap out of the the new machine when i build it. So im going to be going with AMD.

My budget is going to be about 1800-2000 dollars. I will be selling my old comp with one raptor and keeping one for the new machine as well as purchasing a 250g barrucuda.

I dont know a ton about amd since i've always bought intel since my mom has worked there for the last... well forever. Ive read a lot about the Opterons being very good for overclocking but that the x2's are very good as well. So with about 500 dollars give or take whats the best Processor i can get with plans of overclocking?

AMD OPT 165.

Oh my god dude.. Just wait for Christmas.... Your current computer will play everything high right now.

Im greedy like i said, i build new computers way to often and just sell the old ones.

I've got nothing better to spend my money on anyways :p.

Um... I really am ignoring everything you said about being greedy. This is something you need to get over. When your system plays all games on high settings, you do not upgrade. If you are wanting to throw away money, I'll give you my papal account and you can transfer the 500-600 dollars into it. From there, you can send me your computer, and I'll send you mine. You can resell my computer, and it'll all seem like you didn't lose any money because so much money got moved around.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Um... I really am ignoring everything you said about being greedy. This is something you need to get over. When your system plays all games on high settings, you do not upgrade. If you are wanting to throw away money, I'll give you my papal account and you can transfer the 500-600 dollars into it. From there, you can send me your computer, and I'll send you mine. You can resell my computer, and it'll all seem like you didn't lose any money because so much money got moved around.

Ryan

lol. :p

But anyways, you really shouldn't upgrade. Save all you money and when DX10, M2, G80, and all that stuff comes out build a beast of a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom