Help Build a Gaming CPU for $2500 no Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfunk

Beta member
I am getting my tax return in about a month and I will have a budget of $2500 to build a new gaming computer. I already have a 20.1" widescreen LCD Dell Monitor so I will not need a monitor. Can you please give me templates or builds for the best gaming computer I can get for my $2500? Also would it be better to build my own and getting components piece by piece or go through a place like www.cyberpowersystem.com?

I would like the system to include a dvd burner, at least 300 gigs total hd space. Thank you all for your assistance.

buildf ur own. its so much cheaper if u do. im not in the mood to go through and pick out parts right now, but imguessing ull want dual core.

I wouldnt trust cyberpower....They have baddd reviews...but if you want to go ahead but I suggest You do alot of reading and find out wich components suit you....Check out toms hardware...they have some good information:)

yea, and you could buy a great thing with that kind of money. Consider looking for 2 150 gig raptors, or a raptor and another normal drive for storage. Also, check out the x1900 series, or wait for thy 7900 gtxes. For RAM, if your ocing, just get the best ram you can find. Otherwise, no. Cpu... once again, if your ocing, get an opty or something else. Otherwise, take a look at the fx series. DVD burners not a big deal, and PSU about 600 watts. DOn't cheap out tho! Finally, look for Lian Li cases. Sorry I can't post links: I'm eating atm.

ok as i do not live there, ill give u a system with a rough estimation, u can then check the prices in the states, and then tell me how much total and we can see where to improve...

CPU: AMD X2 Dual core 4800+

Case: Antec Super land boy

Cooler for CPU: Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu

Graphic Card: MSI NX7800GTX-VT2D512E - 512 MB (PCIe)

HD: Western Digital Raptor 150gb

Mainboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Optical Drive: Sony DRU-810A

Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 400MHz DDR Kit X2 to make it 4gb.

PM me if u want bout this system...
but i think you should build it yourself...

get an ASUS "premium" instead. A deluxe doesn't support X2s anyway, what are you thinking??

but with that kind of cash def check out the FX's and X2s. GTX is the way to go, def if building before the G71s or G80s.

Raptors are great for gaming. theres even faster ones out there though. 15000 RPM somewhere.

So many new things are coming out though with the next 3 months though. So you might want to hold off building a system of that $$$$. AM2 sockets/cpus will be out in march-apirl, so i wouldn't buy a 939 system if you've got that much **** $$$ to spend. DX10 cards will be a ways away so don't worry about those. and besides eVGA cards can be traded in before 90 days to upgrade em for the difference in price, if they do surprise us with a release sooner than expected. :D ya right...But that system will be animal for that price. I'd suggest ATLEAST getting your foot into the door of hte next generation, instead of buying into a dieing age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom