What is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crunk

In Runtime
In my "Add Remove Programs List" there are about 20 different items that say Windows XP Hotfix. None of them have a size except for one that says Windows Media Player Hotfix which is over 26MB. I'm trying to clean my computer so what can i do to use these or get rid of them? Thanx in advance.

ok, but why do you think my computer would all of a sudden start collecting these in my "add remove programs" i know i have had more updates than just these in the past year.

Not all updates have an uninstall option .... it also depends on if u chose to have a backup old files before the update or not ..

why do u want to make them go away? theyre not hurting nething sitting in the add/remove list and if ur really content on removing them ur prolly gonna have to tweak some registry stuff and im not an expert on that, that is removing them from the list only, i hope ur not talking about uninstalling them

I would leave your UPDATES Alone they are what make your machine from getting hacked if you don't use other software and they make your machine run nice and smooth.. And TRUST me on this one if you do want to uninstall them and you get into your regestry and you mess something up you are going to have to reformat

*zombie voice* leave updates

i was only talking about removing them from the list since there is alot of them by tweaking the registry, if u were going to uninstall them they would b gone from the list anyways and anybody who doesnt back up the entire registry before playing around with it deserves to have to reformat. its not bad as long as u dont go mess something up so bad that u cant even get ur computer to start in safe mode plus u can try last known good configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom