asus s8n-sli
xfx 6600gt pci-e
corsair value select 1GB
Nec nd-3550a
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer Hard Drive
2 80mm case fans

350watts enough for that?

I doubt it.

There are some online wattage calculators, but I don't have any of them bookmarked.

It is from a company like Antec, but it will be at full load alot of the time, so will have a short life span.

hey, my computer seems to be running just fine with my crap 350 compaq psu.. and i'm running a 6800 gs and 3500+... but still, i wouldnt risk it... although i am...

Give us an update in 6 months to a years time. :p

My old PC sometimes didn't boot with a 6800 vanilla with a 330w Antec PSU, (I only just found out what the beep it gave meant.)

Heh, you can actually short your board out if you decide to plug up more devices then power you have. Well it happens on older boards. Its better to have more power then not enough. In my opinion anyway.

faster_wind said:
Heh, you can actually short your board out if you decide to plug up more devices then power you have. Well it happens on older boards. Its better to have more power then not enough. In my opinion anyway.
Yeah, that's not opinion. that's the truth. you always want to give your machine some leeway. the reason so many guys on here get really strong PSU's is because they are usually upgrading, and don't ever want to mess around with another power supply.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom