Front Audio Port Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpole_89

Beta member
Recently....My intel motherboard's Integrated Sound (SoundMax Digital Audio) stopped working altogether. So...I bought a new Sound Card. (Dynex 5.1 Sound Card) It works, but now my front audio ports don't work. (Headphones, Microphone) The Audio Cable plugs into the motherboard and it looks like this: (The JAUD1)
925XNeo_frontpanelaudio.jpg

The Connector looks like this (The Audio)
pic25.jpg

I was thinking maybe the audio cable has to be plugged into my Sound Card. But My Sound Card doesn't have that type of connection. Maybe when my Integrated Sound Stopped, my Front ports went with it? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

That connector is for the 'on-board' audio chip on your mobo.
You have a micro-phone & headphone jack on your new 'Sound card'........ you can't use both.
Did you dis-able the 'on-board sound' in your CMOS/BIOS settings by mistake ? Check your BIOS settings for your 'Audio'.
* Add your system components to your 'Profile" , so others can help!

I'm confused....I guess I'm just asking if its possible to use the front audio ports when the audio cable is plugged into the mobo and not the sound card. I am not too good with computer stuff like this so when you reply try to make things more understandable. Please :)

Did you add your system components to your profile ?
Did you disable your 'on-board audio' ??
Did you read your manual ???

You can't use the plugs on the front of your computer with the sound card you installed.

Pretty simple there. :)

If you want to use the front ports, go back to using your old sound card on the motherboard.

EDIT: I know it's frustrating to have a part go out on you. If you will look on the sound card there are plug ins for your headphone and microphone but they won't be on the front of the tower.

Yeah, I read it...

...I was just trying to help the guy out, I know it's frustrating when something goes out on ya. :)

Hmm...So your guys are saying that the only way its gonna work if the cable is plugged into the sound card. Are there sound cards that have this type of connection? Sorry I haven't put my system specs yet. I will soon.

That's right, and probably not since the tower is more than likely a factory tower like a Dell or Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom