Desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireheart

Baseband Member
Alright guys, long story short ive been wating a month+ more my gaming machine and now I finally have all my parts and build it, the drive gets formatted, windows insatlls and updates, drivers done and anti virus software in. Everything is done. All the LED's are plugged in a working. I shut the computer off and plug in the final LED fan and put the side plate back on, and now the computer turns on for half a second and turns off, disconnecting everything in every possible combination. to no avail. Now me and my computer buddy (who is very knowledable) instinctivly think, "okay, power supplys ****ed". we tried plugging in 3 other power supplys to the mobo and none of them worked, but he thinks the reason he had them laying around is because they didnt work in the first place. Now, aside from the power supply, does anyone have ANY IDEA on what else it could be?

I guess if I gave you guys something to work with, here are the specs:

Aspire X-Cruiser Case
Enermax [Liberty Series] 500W PS {getting taken back in a few hours}
Gigabyte MOBO
Intel Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) CPU
Seagate 300GB SATA HD
nVidia 7800GT Graphics Card
and OCZ 1024MB 533MHz memory.

Another thing I should mention; when we were building it, and EVERYTHING was plugged in working fine, he told me to power it down then start connecting my lights (even though I only had 1 left), but I did and plugged in my last device to a emtpy power inlet (and LED fan) and put the side pannel on, then we get the half second power and shuts down, right there I knew something was wrong. But even when we unplugged that (and every LED) it still would not turn on.

Yeah thats what we're doing, but what I asked is, if that doesnt work, what else could it be?

i had something similar happen to me, got all my base parts in and it ran fine. put all my extra goodies in and bam, would only turn the fans once and not come on. i went through 3-4 PSUs...eventually switched out the mobo and everything worked fine...there was either some defect in the board, or i must have fubared something during installation...long story short, try replacing the motherboard. that or a stronger PSU? my vote is for mobo tho, and mine was still lighting things up too, like the LAN, but it wouldnt boot at all. FYI, the mobo ruined each PSU i tried with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom