What are your system specs?

go the semprons . i think theyre about $120 here though. yeah about that other guy. i'm curious as to where he bought his 600gb hdd. by the way if you really want to prove a point you should list manufacturers because having 2gb of ram thats worth less than the gum on my shoe isn't anything to brag about. don't ever come around here with a 2.8ghz pentium 4 and tell us we have crappy computers. that mega cheap sempron will give your p4 a run for its money.

I got my Sempron 2800+ from Nintek. I emailed and phoned them because i really wanted to know the stepping of it. I did my homework - looked up the Palermo core on Wikipedia and i learned that the E4 and E6 steppings had the SSE3. I also found out this table:

* 128 KB L2-Cache (Sempron 2600+, 3000+, 3300+)
* 256 KB L2-Cache (Sempron 2500+, 2800+, 3100+, 3400+)

So I was told by Nintek that the Sempron 2800+ they had were E6 revision. And since it was a 2800+ I got the 256k of cache. $110 it costed me.

Then the board I ended up getting was the Asus K8N-E Deluxe. I was very impressed with it for only AU $105. Socket 754, 3 Dimm, 6 SATA, Raid 0,1,0+1,5,10, Firewire, 8 ch Audio. I found that that was amazing value. In my opinion people should either get Sempron or Dual Core. Anything in between is really a blur of performance. If you had the money mabye a Venice 3000+ so you can keep your mobo but the performance difference of all the single core Semprons and Venices is negligible. However dual core is a different story :)

i like nintek, they give great service but they arnt always the cheapest. I have bought stuff from at least 10 different shops and they have all been good.

I bought my mobo from a shop in queensland, they had a great price for the motherboard but had a bad site but they were still great to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom