Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY NEW MACHINE which started
crashing.THEN I WOULD GET THE MASSAGE(DISK (BOOT FAILURE, INSERT
SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER)...BUT AFTER I TURN OFF THE PC FOR A FEW
MINUTES IT BOOTS FINE. Today my computer crashed ...it would start
through the black screen then it will reboot again without loding
windows.does this mesns that my new drive is dead?In case my hard drive wont work anymore is there anyway that i can retrevie my data off that drive ..also in case iam going to have to send the drive for warranty is there anything that i should to delete everything off that drive keeping in mind that i cant boot to windows?
thank you

my guess is that the partition table is corrupted. is it SATA or IDE? if its ide set it as a "slave" and use another drive to boot windows or use a live-cd version of linux. if it is sata just throw it in with another hdd that boots windows or any OS and see if there is anything you can recover from it. if all else fails just get it repartitioned and reformatted before you think about getting a new drive

will its is an IDE ,i tried what you said and it didn't work..so i contacted tech support at sea gate and they told me that i have to return it because its dead...
so my question is ,i did a full 0 fill on the drive,is there anything ells i should i should do to delete all my data and make it unrecoverable before i send the drive back?what things should i keep in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom