I am officially stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of advice... Make sure you Spray compressed air in side that case and all the components to ensure that you don't have any metal shards / fragments touching motherboard & such...

That could be disaster...

Unknown Envy said:
snt even putting a magnet near a computer a bad idea..?

Not really, Magnets are only dangerious near computers if they are unusally strong and if you make contact with the components. It won't matter if you touch a screw to it.

this is annoying. i dont have any magnets that i know of, and this thinkg wont come out.i want to play bf2 but i cant without this fan running

use a TINY drill bit and drill out the entire screw and/or hole. Just obliterate it with a bit. That oughta get it out.

well, drilling into the screw didnt work. i could not get all the way into it and it wasnt doing anything anway.

Well......If you don't have a sharp/new drill bit, It will be dam near impossible to drill it(metal) out. If you don't want to buy a new drill bit or a screw extractor from the store, You better use Anger:mad: and Violence:eek: on it!! Just rip that piece of **** out of there with brute force, Bend it back and forth until it breaks off, Then use a pliers or vise grips on the remaining corner or screw;)

Good Luck:D

Use your Dremel to grind the head of the screw off. Remove the screw part after you take the fan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom