dell judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
after going to my friends house yesterday, i looked to see what specs his computer was (RAM, HD, video, sound, etc.) and could you tell me if this computer is any good (its from 2002)

Dell Dimension 8250
Intel Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
256 MB RDRAM
Maxtor 40GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 64 MB
Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1
LG DVD-ROM/Lite-On CD-RW

A long way on the wrong side of not bad. 256mb's is not enough to run windows, I'm using 470mbs right now. CPU is quite old, along with the GPU.

i agree with the fact that 256 MB is not enough to run windows xp. And his computer agrees with that! I am guessing that the video card is 64 MB, but i do know the model of it.

I have heard that RDRAM is faster and runs smoother than SDRAM and DDR-RAM, is that true?

RDRAM is nice, but to bad he has it. Its incredibly expensive. Since you have to have a MBD to support it, he can't just switch off to DDR. It used to be true that RDRAM was much better, but todays RAM is better.

he asked me yesterday if i could install some more memory (i have a memory chip that im not using) and i said "sorry, your computer wont support it!"

A long way on the wrong side of not bad. 256mb's is not enough to run windows, I'm using 470mbs right now. CPU is quite old, along with the GPU.

i find that 512 MB on my computer is really great for windows, but at school, their machines crawl at 512 MB RAM.

My old PC has 64mb's and it is from 1998, and I put XP on it, for a week until I had time to format again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom