harddrive recongition in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i just installed a new mobo on my neighbors pc and now i cant get the harddrive to be recongized in the bios what can i do to have it be recongized ive tried everything i cant install the bios either how do i do this i am a newbie to building of a pcs so u gotta explain **** to to me

Firstly, you need to check your pin settings on the HDD, and secondly and most importantly you need to make shure the HDD is plugged into the IDE cable on the very end. Im assuming its the only HDD in the computer? and if your a newbie you need to know that most HDD's dont start up on their own you need to allocate a partition on it. but if your installing a OS you wont need to.

i need to install the bios first before i partition again right there is already a os on it and i dont wanna lose all the files she has on it already

Sorry what did u mean by new Mobo?? did u mean motherboard? if it is all you have done probably is the plugged the cable into the wrong port# make shure its in IDE port No.1 and be shre to double check how you plugged it into the HDD. And if you can access your BIOS you dont need to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom