game consoles suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vybuni said:
I agree with TheMajor, halo is way too overrated. I get good fps with halo on my PC, maxed out settings and a high resolution. :p
To say Halo is overated doesn't really make sense. To say something is overated it means that something doesn't have a legitimate reason to be liked. That doesn't work with halo as both CE and 2 are the top rated Xbox games.

Opinions are opinions, but stats don't lie.

Over rated? Not according to the people who still play it often on live. As far as being controlled, biting because of advertisement and because its cool? Well, talk to me after you stop spending $400 every 6 months on the newest and greatest vid card. Thats just a ridiculous assumption. I want one for one reason only. I did my research on it, and not normal research... very indepth and technical research. What this console is capable of doing wont be fully realized/fleshed out for a few years. Also, I'm not into buying ad campaigns. I make my OWN money, and work in the IT field. I also spend lots of money on my system. Many of those who buy the 360 are also avid computer users, like myself. This arguement is foolish, and is not backed by any sort of proof, just mud slinging.

Oh yeah, supposedy 3rd party companies will release mouse AND keyboard support. Mostly for MMORPG, but I'm sure it will eventually if not right away be used for FPS as well, as you just need to use the mouse tracking axis to simulate the controller axis (kbd, too). If the popularity of it xplodes, then I'm sure youll see MS and the software designers take up on it.

The war between PC and Consoles really comes down to the type of games that you want to play and how much money you want to keep spending each year to play the games.

I like both PC and Console based on the type of games that are being offered.

I enjoy FPS, MMOPRG and RTS, and PC wins of those games hands down.
I also enjoy RPGs, Fighting Games and Racing games, and with those i find the consoles give the better game play.

There is no sence in arguing hardware specs as PC are Customisable where Consoles are not.
If you want to be playing the latest games with out having to worry about spending more more money each year in order to play them, the get a console.
But if Eye Candy graphics is a priorty for you, the get a PC.

If it's just game play, there the real arguement is what games play better on what platform.

BTW, Halo on PC sucked compaired to Halo on X-Box. No Multiplayer caimpaign mode. (boo-hisss)

overall, It is proven that computer-based games are superior by design. Everyone argues this but the reality of it is they are.

Ulti_DOOM said:
overall, It is proven that computer-based games are superior by design. Everyone argues this but the reality of it is they are.
Exactly. Reality is, facts/stats don't lie.

Halo 2 has been confirmed it's coming to the PC but it will only for Vista. Consoles are better for gaming.

Hovertime said:
Halo 2 has been confirmed it's coming to the PC but it will only for Vista. Consoles are better for gaming.

Go back and read hovertime, logicaly they cant be compaired for gameplay, its an "each to their own" were just saying that PC games are physicaly superior in design.

I think to many people a PC is very scary and complicated(not to mention expensive), so they get a simple console that does one thing, game. And americans love thier TV's!

Hovertime said:
Consoles are better for gaming.

I'm going to have to call BS on that.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
as for dual-weilding into the mainstream, that is complete Bulls***. Akimbo weapons existed long long before the release of Halo.

Are you saying games started to do it becuase of Akimbo? No, they started doing it after Halo 2. I know games used dual weilding before (red faction 2 had dual weilding while being able to fire either weapon with the left and right trigger like in Halo 2), I'm just saying that Halo 2 trully introduced dual weilding into the mainstream.

As far as Halo 2 on PC heres an article about it http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=133975

Halo 1 & 2 are decent first-person shooters for the consoles, that is all I'm saying. Halo is overrated, am I going and saying "Halo kicks all your games asses!!"? No I'm not. I would take COD UO or BF2 over Halo any day of the week.

game likes and dislikes are just a matter of personal choice. to say that the machine itself sucks because you don't like a game is nonsense. the PC does far more than any counsole can,but that does not mean counsoles suck. the reason that there arn't as many PC games is because most people buy counsole games. however, most of the counsole games, in my opinion,suck. that is why I moved to PC. If you like the counsole games ,get a counsole. and yes, you will need to get a new counsole every 6 years or so,and all the games to go with it to stay with the best you can get. just pick one or both and be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom