Put in New MOBO but now this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiask2343

Beta member
I just got my ASRock k7s441gx mother board and replaced my "bad" PC chip mobo. Before I could go into the BIOS but If I tried to boot I would get a black screen saying "error loading opperating system". Now nothing happens when I press the power button the CPU fan spins only for a split second then stops. I have to unplug the computer from the wall and wait a second then plug it back in to even get that again. I have also taken everything out one by one to see what was cuasing it, I am now to just the CPU and PSU and still doing the same thing. Any help?

Replace your power supply. If that doesnt help, return the motherboard and keep the new power supply.

remove mobo from case and place it on the static bag and try to boot it. problem may be a short to the case.also did you remove the old thermal paste and apply new paste after you moved the chip?

Well I did all the things that was suggested, but I still get the same thing. It will only flicker on then I have to disconnect the PSU and reconnect it to get it to do the same thing. I will RMA the MOBO and hopefully that will fix it. Do you think it might be the CPU? Or would it at least beep on the mobo? Or do some thing besides flicker on?

Ok I RMA'd that MOBO and the new one was doing the same thing. I know my PSU works becuase I hooked it up to another computer and it booted just fine. But When I hooked the MOBO to another PSU it booted also. Is there some sort of compatability prolem. I am using Epower 350fx PSU and I called Epower and they said there sould be no issues.

try unpluging it,removing all memory, and then start it. you should get beep code for no memory installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom