Vista? DX10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys actually buy software? pshhh....anyway, Vistas 3D crap is simply a waste of resources. Bad idea if ya ask me

Windows AERO theme basically turns your desktop into a full 3D application. Without a videocard that can meet the needs to this new desktop, vista will default back to 2D.

They have been testing Vista Beta 1 with new ATI X1900XT's & X850XT's with ATI vista Beta drivers and bombarding the desktop with 3D windows with full effects enable has been flawless.

The bottomline is, MS hasn't released the (Official Requirments) yet.
It's too early to speculate on this and that. All i'm trying to say is, research vista, check it out google it... but don't think about hardware upgrades now solely based on vista and DX10.

Mr_Threepwood I'll give you that the requirements I gave were for the best of the GUI features but as for the game features offered in Vista I'm not aware of it requireing anything of your video card. From what I read MS is only giving those features to people who buy the Premium Edition of the OS.
Premium will have Avalon which wil require video cards that support it to bring out the nice eye candy from the Avalon features.

After watching a video on how vista will work I found out I pronounced it wrong...I thought it was Vee-sta...not Vi-sta...I kinda like vee-sta.......hmm

P.P. Mguire said:
Premium will have Avalon which wil require video cards that support it to bring out the nice eye candy from the Avalon features.
That eye candy on the current beta builds only require a 64 meg none integrated video card. The features that are "premium edition" exlusive is the ability to shut down uneeded system reasources when playing games or so I thought. Can go a long ways since a Xbox is a Pentium 3 modified and a Video card slightly below the 6800. Shows what dedicated reasources can do.

I thought it was Vee-sta too lol. Like "Asta La Vista Windows"... I think we need to call bill gates...dumbass doesn't know how to say his own software name. Visss-ta? sheeesh....

That eye candy on the current beta builds only require a 64 meg none integrated video card. The features that are "premium edition" exlusive is the ability to shut down uneeded system reasources when playing games or so I thought. Can go a long ways since a Xbox is a Pentium 3 modified and a Video card slightly below the 6800. Shows what dedicated reasources can do.
I was talking about for games like Farcry2. An Xbox and 6800 couldnt do those graphics. Pshh Halo2. Thats a little to much for Halo2 considering it ran on an Xbox. Besides how in the **** do they expect to have high sales when the game is so old? They should worry more about Halo3 on the 360 or the Halo movie.

er.. i think i wrote my sentence down wrong.. i meant to say you don't have to have a direct x 10 or 9 supported graphics card to run vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom