Building a DVD duplicator...need review

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbolden

Beta member
Hello Everyone,

I hope you guys wonÂ’t mind helping me with this project. Because itÂ’s somewhat costly I donÂ’t want to make a mistake. My question is in two parts:

1) I want to build a DVD duplicator using 7 lightscribe enabled burners. Each drive will need to initialize as a separate drive in order to fully use the duplicating and labeling software “Droppix Recorder for Towers.”

First. I want to put seven ide burners into a duplicator tower.

Second. Connect each drive with a ide-usb adapter.

Three. Plug all seven usb adapters into a single usb hub.

Four. Single usb out to pc.

Will it work? Anything I need to look out for?

2) Anyone have any thoughts on these drives?

BenQ DW1655 LightScribe $54

HP DVD740RI $80

LaCie Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer $75

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

welcome to tech-forums!

i dont think you need SEVEN dvd burner in one tower

when i duplicate a dvd, all i need is the one dvd burner, with the source dvd and original dvd.

I have never heard of "Droppix Recorder for Towers". I use CloneDVD for copying DVDs.

i think the best bet for using seven USB dvd drives are plugging the 6 into the back of your PC on the motherboard, and one plugged into the front of the PC.

As far as the DVD drives go, i think that LG is the best maker for drives. I have one and i got it 1 year ago for $69, and it burns fast, 16X, and supports every type of disc. No flaws on it!

talldude123 said:
when i duplicate a dvd, all i need is the one dvd burner, with the source dvd and original dvd.

Talldude using 2 or 1 burners for copyinga DVD is fine but he's trying to get multiple copies at the same time with something like this...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1174900&CatId=92

so you can copy dvd's 7 times as fast. im not sure why anyone would really need something like this but i wont ask any questions.

im not sure if you can even build somethinglike this by yourself unless its gonna be a computer wth 7 DVD drives with ll of them buring at once. im thinking you would need a case like this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119042

with 7 slots for DVD drives but i think it would be eaiser just to buy the one i posted from tigerdirect.

That's right...I need to make seven copies at once. I'm a videographer and need to make client copies. I have one standard 7x dvd duplicator similar to the one you linked to tiger direct. However, lightscribe drives present an additional challenge that can't be met by standard DVD towers. The only commercial lightscribe tower on the market contains only 4 drives which would be far to slow for my needs plus they're asking over 1000 bucks for it.

Paul

Ok i see what your doing, i think your gonna have to build a computer with 7 dvd drives unless theres a way to get around installing the OS and everything else, and the 54$ BenQ drives will work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom