I am officially stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
well,somehow i managed to strip the heads of the screws for my rear exhaust. so today i get my new fan and i put it in as an intake so i go to unscrew and chance it. they wont unscrew. i guess my drill stripped the heads and now i cant get them out. what can i do?!!!

jam a handscrew driver in extremelyhard and loosen it, its extremely easy metal to mold, if u press hard enough it will dent it enough to get it out, it works for me

if you have a dremel tool grind a slot in the screws that a flat screwdriver will fit into and screw it out.

a dremel tool would work best, but the screw head may be to small for that option.
any hardware strore will have a tool for removing striped screws
it kinda looks like a drill bit, with the threading on backwards.

i dont think some of u guys understand. i dont thik the actual screw is stripped, but the head somehow got shaved away by my drill, so the drill bit no longer has any force to it because it doesnt fit. i got one of the 3 screws out using these bent nose pliers, but am having trouble witht he other two because they arent out of the case far enough

Just drill the screw head off with a drill bit a little smaller then the head of the screw but larger than the threaded part of the screw, Then take the fan off and unscrew the remaining part of the screw with a pliers.

You probably stripped the screw head by using a screwbit the wrong size.

Good luck:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom