xp or 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just whack it on and if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt.

Probably will work but be slow and then of coarse you will be adding programmes etc and it will just come to a stand still probably, you just need to get some more ram and then think about a new processor.

I used to have a computer with a 500mhz k6 processor with 192mb ram back in 2003. It worked fine right up untill last november then just got really slow then we just stopped using it.

So ya just take that computer and add more ram. open it up and see how many free ram slots you have then get a 256mb ram stick for each free slot and you should be fine. You should be able to get 768mb total in that computer.

right mikee i have had my computer open more imes than you have changed your boxers i know i have no spare slots i will chuck some if i have to but all i need to know is that i can run windows xp because i want to make a descoin by sunday then i wan to buy it if can run it and i have just de frag my computer so it should be a bit faster

good idea jonny but the point of coming on this forum was to find out before i buy something and don't waste my money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom