Help Me Build the Best $1200 Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AM2 socket and Nvidia 8 series are still a ways off, i think near the end of the year. :( The G71 cards (7900's) should be out by the middle of March, but im sure they will cost a lot, considering the 7800GTX 512 costs more than $700.

Ya I think what I meant by the next generation of Nvidia is the G71. I wasn't planning on buying one of those but mabye the now cheaper 1800xt or probably just stick with the even cheaper 7800Gt that I have now since the 1800XT price probably wont drop 130 dollards.woo eeee that was a long sentence.

5u1c1d47m0nck3y said:
. I don't understand. What exactly do you mean by that.

Well the new tech should drive the "outdated tech" prices down a lot. Timing is everything in this industry. If you watch the market closely enough you could snag a greeaat deal on 939s, 7800GT/X etc depending on the demand for the new items. once DX10 cards come out forget it...dirt cheap. but thats a ways from now.

The current cards will be able yo support DX10 with an updated driver so why would prices drop any more than with a realese of any ordinary video card.

DX10 is not reverse compatiable. DX10 will only run on a DX10 "engineered" card. It won't be a simply patch or driver or any other fix. Its physical hardware demand. the G71 and G80 will not be DX10 cards. Well, the G80 might be, actually, if it comes out late enough. (After July 06 when Vista arrives w/DX10) Again though, DX10 is EXCLUSIVE to new DX10 "hardware". This has been argued again and again on this forum. It's the sad truth...DX10 is one **** of a beast and needs support for higher shaders, etc. I know its simply software but its like super software.

My dad is making me so happy. Whenever I approach him with a new budget he says sure. So now my budget is 1750. Omg woot woot. This is a 450 dollar bump so I think this is gonna be a total system change. So get workin,lol. Starting a new thread because this one is cluttered.Please delete this.

If your budget is 1750 then just get an opty 170 and that ddr500 ram i keep telling you about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom