Advice for assembling/setting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillGates

Banned
Ok I ordered all my stuff today and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or comments for when I assemble it all. Should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Case- Thermaltake Saprano Mid-tower
PSU- OCZ Power Stream 420w
MOBO-Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor- AMD Athalon 64 X2 3800+
HDD- Maxtor 7200rpm 160gig (will get a raptor soon)
Video Card- GeForce 6800GS
Optical Drive- Lite-On CD/DVD R/RW
Mouse- Logitech G5 Laser
Keyboard- ZBoard gaming keyboard
Rounded cables of coarse and all wires will be wrapped
Running on Windows XP with SP2

Any advice for the install and stuff will be apreciated. I've assembled a comp before but it's been almost 2 years. I still mess with them every now and then still though.

Unknown Envy said:
Hm...take off your socks or wear a anti-static wristband....and dont build it on a rug:)

Ok cool, I dont even have carpet in my house so that should help with the static thing. I dont have a anti-static wristband though.

You dont absolutly need a anti-static wristband but its a good idea to have one. If you dont get one, make sure you touch something metal on the case often.

Read the instructions, some parts have slightly different setup steps than what you might be used to. Take your time and do it right the first time. If your not sure about anything, ask here and somone will help you out. :D

Hey, there are ways to get rid of any static you are carrying, I Found the 'take your socks off' a good idea lol. but when i built my machine the best thing to do to discharge static is insert the power pack (if already not in there) and turn that on, then touching that will whats called 'earth you' and extract all static.

Something along those lines, do what the guy in the post called thebleakness said, he seems to know what he's on about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom