New Era of PC Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to try out CoD 2 now that I no longer have to downclock my card, see if I get improvements.

And the 6800 or 7800 series is nowhere near dead, its just dying as far as playing games at HIGHEST SETTINGS. All games for probably the next 3 years will at least run on a 6800, just lower and lower settings each game.

I think 3 years is kind of pushing it's limit's, I think 2 more years left for the 6800s is more like it.

But of course I don't have future telling powers now.

SLI might be a good idea for future plan. BUT it really only helps out in high graphics...so I guess taht would be a solution to HIGH gaming? its only good for beautiful gameplay. If you don't use AA because it slows your fps down too much, than SLI might help. If you can't play with low settings SLI is useless, so at some point in time, 2 cards won't cut it because your fps is so slow to begin with, despite the low settings. Just something to think about. If you demand high quality its a good idea for squeezing another year out of your setup.

I will probably go SLI eventually so I can handle the resolution of 1280x1024 long term. SLI is meant for people who demand more than the standard 1024x768 resolution for gaming and don't want to be continually upgrading. They now have quad SLI which is good for true hi-def, gaming at resolutions well over 1600x1200. SLI has its place, depending on what resolution you demand.

i have currently a 7800 GT co and it can handle ANYTHING OUT THERE NOW. save youre money for the next generation chips. ther will be new video cards and proccesors out soon after Vista. 64 bit will be the next new wave of video games,MARK MY WORDS..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom