Changing Win Xp OEM Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Just completed a private software audit on one of our small business customers.

In the end, it turned out that they have a few too many Win Xp Pro boxes that they have actual lienses. It turns out that they has one of there ex-employees that was stealing things from the business, and it looks like he has pocketed Windows XP CD's with Manuals.

But the customer has just purchased the new lienceses for these computers, but we would like to know how we go about changing the Serial Number so that it matches up with the actual lienceses.
(So it's one less thing to explain to the BSSA if they pop by)

Now we could format the harddrive and re-install the OS. But that would mean there is a lot of screwing around of backing up and remembering setting, blah blah blah.....

Or there is go old REG-EDIT. I know how do to do this with Win 9x, NT, 2k. But how do we go about it in Win Xp?

Doesn't matter. As long as you have proof that you have purchased the amount of user licences for the amount of PCs that you have then you are fine. In theory, you can purchase 10 PC licences for Windows 2000 (just an example) and then just open one of the licences and install the same one on all of the PCs. As long as you have proof of purchase that cover your users...you're fine.

-Mike

Groovin' has it right on the button!

no need to fret,,just have all the licensed copies filed.

As for a product,, look up something called "magic Jelly Bean"

It will find your activation key,, and allow you to change it to a new one,,, clikity clik!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom