Application "Not Responding"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for Registry Cleaners you can use CCleaner, Registry Repair, or Registry Mechanic. I use both CCleaner and RR.

Your system isnt too bad. But Norton might be eating up a few resources so when your running WMP, IE and Something else that could be why you run into this.

My system isnt that bad. P4 3.4GHz HT with 1.5GB DDR2 RAM. Got all sorts of other trimmings too. I have done CS2, Opera, WMP, and had CSS running all at the same time. Not to mention the firewall, antispyware, AV, Steam and few others that run. So i do a lot of multi tasking with no problem.

Makaveli213 said:
Well for Registry Cleaners you can use CCleaner, Registry Repair, or Registry Mechanic. I use both CCleaner and RR.

Your system isnt too bad. But Norton might be eating up a few resources so when your running WMP, IE and Something else that could be why you run into this.

My system isnt that bad. P4 3.4GHz HT with 1.5GB DDR2 RAM. Got all sorts of other trimmings too. I have done CS2, Opera, WMP, and had CSS running all at the same time. Not to mention the firewall, antispyware, AV, Steam and few others that run. So i do a lot of multi tasking with no problem.

What's CS2 and CSS ?:eek:
Thx

Well, I haven't run those types of applications on my pc. I have a seperate tower for TIVO, and I don't know about internet based CCTV, but sounds like a lot of fun (grins). Anyways, I'm sure it would handle whatever I tossed at it, since I haven't found anything to slow it down yet.

You should defrag and use the registry and adware/spyware cleaners. That might very well solve your problems. I know that Windoctor will correct several kinds of registry issues, but I don't believe it's as thorough as CCleaner.

If you want to do all those tasks, you need to focus on a serious graphics card.

"If you want to do all those tasks, you need to focus on a serious graphics card."

Thx for this piece of advice. Will keep in mind.
Thx once again

Dash said:
What's CS2 and CSS ?:eek:
Thx

CS2= Adobe Photoshop CS2 ;)

CSS= Counter Strike Source ;)

I dont have to much of a serious GFX card. I only have a GeForce 6800 PCI-E. IT does great though. It is 256MB but it can handle any game that i throw at it with high detail and decent frame rate.

Probably the most ignored component in a computer is the power supply. Lots of people will buy a new case with a psu included. These are almost without exception, junk. If the power is inadequate, the application may not be able to initiate. When I build a computer, I install 500W, minimum. And I only buy from pcpowerandcooling.com. Their prices are a little higher, but the quality is the best.

Techguru75 said:
Well, I haven't run those types of applications on my pc. I have a seperate tower for TIVO, and I don't know about internet based CCTV, but sounds like a lot of fun (grins). Anyways, I'm sure it would handle whatever I tossed at it, since I haven't found anything to slow it down yet.

You should defrag and use the registry and adware/spyware cleaners. That might very well solve your problems. I know that Windoctor will correct several kinds of registry issues, but I don't believe it's as thorough as CCleaner.

If you want to do all those tasks, you need to focus on a serious graphics card.

On second thought, I wonder if I really need an upmarket graphic card cos I don't play any advance games (Not addicted! :D).

For the TV recording thing, I don't believe I need a fantastic graphic card either (or do I?) cos I don't plan to watch it on my monitor. Rather, I hope to set it up in such a way so that I can stream the TV recordings to my TV sets in my living room or my bedroom using something like the D-Link Wireless HD Media Player (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=318), if my bank account permits that is.:D

As for the home surveillance thing, neither is a top graphic card a must, right? Since image quality is not important. Just want to check on the children and the maid once in a while from wherever I may be.

It's good to have but I think it's better for me to spend the money on other areas of the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom