monitor destorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcamarra

Beta member
My monitor destorts from side to side every once in a while. Usually on start up. I was wondering if this could be the vidio card or the monitor. I am running a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. The computer is a Pentium 4 2.66 ghz with 512 of ram and windows xp. The monitor is a standard plug and play 17 inch AOC spectrum 9Glrs. All of this has been working for about 2 years with no problems.
If it is the card what do you recommend to replace it with. Also if i have to replace it what are the steps to do so. Have done some computer repair in the past but it has been a while. If i remember, you remove the old card from the hardware device manager then remove and replace the card's and load the software for the new card?
Thanks for the help
Dave

Sounds like your monitor is having problems. Do you have any large magnetic devices right next to your monitor, like huge speakers?

(Sounds silly but has happened before)

no nothing new on the magnets. I have noticed that it clicks after startup. It starts fine then quickly goes to the distortion. Also does this while using it during the day.
Sometimes takes a couple of reboots to fix it.

Do you have another monitor to try? Also, do you have a friend's computer to plug your monitor in to see if it does the same thing?

I'm thinking your monitor is about to go out, but that is a guess with limited amount of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom