Monitor warping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcamarra

Beta member
My monitor destorts from side to side every once in a while. Usually on start up. I was wondering if this could be the vidio card or the monitor. I am running a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. The computer is a Pentium 4 2.66 ghz with 512 of ram and windows xp. The monitor is a standard plug and play 17 inch AOC spectrum 9Glrs. All of this has been working for about 2 years with no problems.
If it is the card what do you recommend to replace it with. Also if i have to replace it what are the steps to do so. Have done some computer repair in the past but it has been a while. If i remember, you remove the old card from the hardware device manager then remove and replace the card's and load the software for the new card?
Thanks for the help
Dave

also try turning the monitor off and on a few times, there is a trick to it.

also, look in the menu's for a degauss feature. Use it regularily, maybe once a day, keeps my 6 year old monitor looking new :)

Ya it is a crt monitor. It does not happen during boot, it happens after everything is loaded. Cant seem to find that degauss in my menu anywere. Im running windows xp any idea were i would find it specificly? Looked in acc. and system tools.
Thanks for the help as some guy had told me it was the video card. Didnt make sense to me.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom