Zalman CNPS9500LED and Overheating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
Hey everyone. Recently I noticed that my PC freezes on me more than expected. Just recently, I tried to open Firefox and it said it was open or something (it wasn't) so I went alt-ctrl-del and end process, then all of a sudden nothing gets highlighted, like start button and etc, I start to click and it freezes, and the comp gives me a beeb from the tower and it's done. Can't do anything. This has happened to me a few times, but not too often, a little too often for me. I read in some post that this happens when the cpu overheats. Is that my problem? I have the Zalman CNPS9500LED, and it overheats? I guess another thing would be that I have the FanMate installed as well, and I don't know exactly when to crank the fan up. I tried plugging the fan straight to the motheboard, but goes full speed the whole time, even when the comp is idle. Anyway to make the comp alter the speed? With my stock fan it was very loud when going full speed, but it only did that when starting up, and also when doing things that really ate my cpu and etc. Any solutions?

Have you checked your temps at all? Did you apply thermal grease when you installed the 9500?

IDK if your has it but with my mobo, it controls the cpu fan if the temp goes over something like 30C or something like that. I have the fan mate turned up all the way and i dont think its ever been on full.

My temps at idle are:
Temps.jpg

What bothers me is that I already have 2 case fans, plus this CPU fan. I have one intake and one exhaust. I posted here before and everyone said my setup was correct. I also bought the Arctic Silver thermal grease, but the temps didn't change much. Now my comp freezes a lot more than it did before. Even when I had the Zalman and case fans, temps were same but didn't freeze as much. I just recently downloaded Opera, and my comp froze as I dragged it into quicklaunch :( By the way, my motherboard has a 4pin connector for the cpu fan, and the zalman is 3pin. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom