Ntldr

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can be both...

ga8909_upper.jpg

A decent layout with primary IDE and ATX connectors ideally located. DIMM slots are on the tight side, so users need to becareful choosing memory modules.

So I should check my IDE cables? Except, Im using SATA hdds.

Check SATA connections? Harddrives are perfectly fine.

IE: No zappage.

Seeing as you use SATA and no pri or secondary IDE I would bet my bucks on the floppy bein the problem. Check that you dont have the floppy IDE cable connected the back of the floppy drive the wrong way round, and vice versa. Ensure Pin 1 (usually the red line on one edge of the IDE cable) is facing away from you, if you're looking directly into the side of your case. Also, try another floppy.

Ok, thanks, will try that.

Was the floppy disk, thank god.

I'm FDisking it up right now, creating my extended partition.

ferris said:
Ok, thanks, will try that.

Was the floppy disk, thank god.

I'm FDisking it up right now, creating my extended partition.

Figured that, that was the most likely cause sine it just happened as you tried the advce..

Ok, formatting with Windows XP, can't find my **** MCE disk. :(

Thanks for the help.

Only problem with FDISK is that is doesnt recognize the fact that my harddrive was 250gb. It only read up for like 48.1 gbs.

Thats ok.

Will post here again if I have any problems, thanks to everyone, especially you Warez.

well that should fine. When you finally get to install MCE or whatever go to start, run, type diskmgmt.msc look at the harddrive and see if you see any unallocated space, if you do, format it, then merge it and you should have it all back. If your not sure what I mean, post a screen shot of diskmgmt.msc and ill let you know

A little bump.

Now I got a new problem.

Installed Windows XP Home Edition SP1, ok. I got to connect to my lan connection and it doesnt work.

I try a new cord, reset the router, nothing. The orange light isnt even lighting up. So Im stuck. Any suggestions? Did I short out my LAN ports possibly? I will be ****ed if I have to take everything out.. Yeah I will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom