gov-t_mule

Beta member
Hey there. Newbie here. I just built a new system. It is:

ASUS P4P800S
P4 @ 2.8 Ghz
Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A
plus yada yada yada....

My question has a few parts:

When I ordered the internals, the company I purchased the mobo and processor from put them together for me (with the Intel heat sink and fan). They put thermal tape between the P4 and the heat sink. I had to remove the heat sink and fan in order to install the Thermaltake temp sensor under the processor. I was very careful in doing so. I'm confident that I didn't screw anything up, because I'm here writing this. Now, is thermal tape good for one application, because I just set the heat sink down on top of the processor. Or do I need to remove everything again and put some thermal grease down there?

Secondly, as far as the operating temp range goes, my Thermaltake temp sensor is currently reporting a temp of 81 deg F. Where, in your all's opinion, is acceptable temp range, and where should I set the alarm to notify me of possible damage? I am not overclocking this system as of yet, and the cooling situation seems pretty good.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'm using the Intel heatsink and fan that was provided with the processor. Should I step up with Arctic Silver as well as a ThermalTake heatsink and fan?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom