Please! Help With Buying Computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even in the slightest. I find it extremely silly to get an SLI motherboard and stick an ATi vid card in it :D

SLI is Nvidia's way of using 2 vid cards at once. Crossfire is ATi's way of using 2 vid cards at once. Both require their own motherboard. They are not interchangable.

If you are getting an SLi mobo, then get an Nvidia vid card. Even if you have to get a 6800GS now (which isn't as good as the 7800GT), then get that instead. That way, if you choose later, you can get a second 6800GS and run them together in SLi.

If you insist on getting an ATi vid card, definitely don't get an SLi mobo. If you want to add another ATi card later, then get a mobo that supports Crossfire.

i have hurd that that 8XX series of ATi have really bad drivers ... so i wouldnt go with that...go with either the nVidia 6800GS or 7800GT :) SLi isnt really needed at the moment...for the price of say 2x6800GS you could get a 7800GTX which would run alot better...so yea its a hard decision but i would choose just the 7800GT and wait for the g80 to come out :)

man, I can't afford the 7800GTX!

So there is absolutly no way the A8N-SLI mobo will play a x850 Crossfire ???

no because its designed to have SLi (nVidia)

you can get mobo's that run crossfire you know...

hmm what would be better in the long run, a mobo with crossfire or with sli?

depends what you like...nvidia or ati...at the moment nvidia have the best range of cards/drivers out...but soon ati will..then nvidia will..its really not whats better..its wat u prefer when u talk future..

but for me i would go SLi

ok, but my buddy just said he has an nForce Mobo with an ATI x850 card...

I don't know why you keep going back to the 7800GTX :p

I mentioned the 7800GT. That seems to be in your price range.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=009247&cid=999.243

Or even the 6800GS that I just mentioned:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=008875&cid=999.243

Either way, don't put an ATi card in an SLi mobo. It will work, but it is a complete waste of money to get an SLi mobo. If you really want that ATi card, then get a mobo like this.

but is he running them in Crossfire ?? i highly dought it...

nForce is just the chipset of the mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom