File Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul11

Solid State Member
How can I transfer a large file (e.g PowerPoint Presentation), to a laptop with no network connection.

Thanks in advance

you could use an external hard drive or flash drive. If you don't have one I doubt it would be worth buying for one presentation. Networking is simple so I would reccomend you do that.

do you have some kind of mp3 player like an ipod? you could use it as a flash drive too

or burn the file to a cd

Sorry, but what is flash drive and how it works? is it kind of wireless storage device?

Thanks for the advice.

a flash drive is basically a stick of memory you can stick in your USB port. there should be a usb port somewhere around your computer. you put in there and a itll pop up in ur "my computer" from there you can click and drag the file to the icon in ur "my computer" and remove it then go to your second computer put it in and open up my computer. open up the icon and click and drag it out

How large is your file? If it isnt too large, then you can send it via email or upload it someplace (yousendit.com, megaupload.com, rapidshare.de.....) and then download it on your laptop...

If not, then you either have to put it on some storage device (flash disk, mp3 player, even your digital camera if you have one) or burn it onto a cd/dvd...or simply, over LAN...

Hope that helps...

yea he has no network connection... theres alot of laptops where theres no ethernet or dial up port. just the pci card input where you have to buy a network card so im guessing thats what he means with no network connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom