no power!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't know how to test my house's ground. I can troubleshoot anything 12v (I sell and isnstall car audio) but I have no idea about AC.

I have a guy that will try the CPU in a rig at his shop, but he doesnt work again til thurs.

A little bit of a stumper.

A few questions first. Do you have onboard video? If not, do you have AGP or PCI-E ?

Things I would try:

- Use a flathead screwdriver to connect the two power switch jumpers, in order to eliminate a faulty case switch

- Disconnect everything except CPU and CPUFAN. Take out the RAM and see if you get any beeps (make sure you have a case speaker, or a speaker attached to a wire with a female jumper plug on the end) and also see if the fan spins.

- Take out the CPU, but leave the CPUFAN plugged in, and install the RAM back in and see if you get power or beeps.

ok...back up to the top you go.

I have tried everything suggested, and still nothing. I took my cpu to a buddy of mine that works at a computer store and it was fried. Grabbed a new cpu and that one doesn't work either.

I think I might be on to the problem, my motherboard has a 24 pin power connector but my psu is only 20. The manual says a 20 pin should work, but could make the system unstable.

Is it possible that the power supply is whacking out motherboards making them fry cpu's?

Long shot, I know. But I have tried everything else.

Josh

I have run my asus a8n sli mobo on 20 pin power for a good year now with no stability issues. All the extra 4 pins do is spread the power around.

the problem has been solved. It was either a bad mobo or a bad ps. I replaced both after blowing 2 cpu's and everything worked great. No I am in battle with Newegg over the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom