New Era of PC Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
but its crazy a eVGA black pearl here costs 1200$.... so all u ppl in US... u guys r really lucky for cheap comp stuf

Wow just read this article. http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=140&type=expert&pid=1

To me this seems like one of the biggest breakthroughs for gaming.

What AGEIA and even game developers envision a PPU will enable for a gamer is a world with physics unlike anything we have seen in a real time game before. We are talking about thousands of rigid bodies, real flowing water, hair simulation, avalanches of rock, clothing simulations and more. Even more impressive is the idea of a universal collision detection system that allows you to interact with absolutely ANYTHING in a game world. All of it calculated in real time with nothing scripted in the game engine.

Sure you might have seen some explosions in a game you have played before, ones that might destroy an entire building. In nearly all cases, those have been scripted, meaning the debris and fire and dust were all created specifically for that explosion scene. Their motions and reactions were probably all scripted so that they went in a particular direction at a particular time and a particular speed. But what if you could have the option of changing that? What if you could have the explostion of a dam on a river be changed in real time depending on YOUR placement of the explosives? You might place them on the very center of the dam, creating a big hole that water rushes through, or instead you might only use a small amount of explosives to destory a small side portion and let water move out more slowly and let the water pressure be the force that eventually destroys the entire dam

Now that is amazing. Seriously this will change gaming forever. But it will probaly be a few years before games start fully utilizing this.

yeah, by the time physics cards come out... I'll be on another build. College will be over and I'll have a job and actually afford a nice rig. That'll be pretty sweet.

Ryan

I'm deciding to wait till around December to build my new computer i plan on getting m2 ddr2 8800 PhysX Card, by then all of the stuff should be in my price range, if not i'll buy the 8800 first the save up for the PhysX Card later on.

Well a few are comeing out soon with some elements in the game that utilize a PPU like UT 2007. But it will probaly be a few years before games utilize PPU's fully.

Blah, this is pointless. Gaara was right, seems like threads like these pop up everyhere the word Graphics Card does. This thread is likely going to be locked.

But before it is, you guys are amazingly stupid.

well.. it was kinda fierce but wadya expect everybody has different opinins i personally learned a more about the new proc, and gfx cards .. sorry we bored you Flanker ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom