CPU confusion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Ok so im researching as much as I can before I build my first computer and Iv learned alot since I've been here...when I was looking for a CPU I was almost 100 percent sure I wanted the X2 4400+...But now after doing some reading I dont know if I should get a single core san diego...I heard they are great for gaming...im just not sure, and not confident enough to buy somthing that exsepensive.....I tried google but I didnt get much....any feedback is appreaciated..Thanks:)

You ask more questions than anybody :p.

Opteron 165 would be a good idea,

x2 4400+ you could overclock to a 4800.. lots of good ideas and lots of options. I will let the really smart guys finish this off for you.

sorry...Im just eager and I want to know as much as I can before I build my computer....no fun botting up your 1600 dollar computer anf finding out it dosent work or its not as you exspected..

Don't worry, asking questions is good.

Oddly enough, the Opteron series are exactly the same as their single core and dual core equivalent Athlon 64 procesor in terms of cache and clock speed, but they are better because they have much better OC ability.

only if you want to oc .. if i not mistaken .. the x2 line is better than an opty if the opty isnt oc'd

I'd need some serious facts and numbers as far as benches etc to buy an opty...it just seems wierd buying a server CPU for gaming. ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom