Amd Xp 2000+ Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Hey, I have an AMD XP 2000+ running at a pathetic 1.67GHz and about 116F . I was wondering if I could OC this dinosaur to gain a few more FPS in gaming to hold me over for a few months until I build my "beast"
Any help, comments, (flames), greatly appreciated :p I'm not sure if my BIOS is already turned up all the way. IDK much about OC'n but I'd like to try it. Just "aquired" COD2 and 25 FPS isn't very ideal...

i think its an Asus A7N8X Socket A. I don't know much about it. its old. I can find out more tomorrow. just air cooling. arctic silver and such and a big fan. I think my bios might alread have the fsb and multi all the way up though. im not sure. im really new to oc'ing

OK, my MOBO is an ASUS A7V8X ACPI w/ BIOS Revision 1011

Motherboard Specifications

CPU Socket Socket A for Athlon XP
Chipset North Bridge: VIA KT400
South Bridge: VIA VT8235
FSB 266/200 MHz
Memory Support 3 x DDR PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600
Multiplier Options up to 22.5x in 0.5x steppings
Bus Speed Options up to 227 MHz in 1 MHz steppings
Voltages 1.75 - 2.0 in 0.025v increments
Expansion Slots 6 x PCI, 1 x AGP, 1 x Wireless card slot
AGP Support 8x AGP
Bios Award BIOS
Onboard IDE 2 x ATA100 EIDE 2 x Serial ATA (optional)

I have a feeling this might be the money shot right hereBIOS CPU Controller (This is NOT my BIOS Screen, but the same board).... If someone could guide me on how to OC my dinosaur that would be GREAT!

My CPU is an XP 2000+ @ 1.67GHz.

Well there's a good stickie at the top of the forum on how to overclock. Basically it just bumping up the fsb until it crashes then upping the voltage to make it stable. Set the ram to the lowest possible setting so that you know you cpu's limits. Thats basically it but it's explained a lot better in the sticky.

Are we talking a Palamino core or a Thorobred core? The Thorobred is slightly better, but not much. It is the Palamino core, but with a smaller process size. The problem is, that the thing produces less heat, but also has a smaller core so that the heat transfer is crippled.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom