gigabyte board + raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
im building a computer for my mate, using a 3800 X2, a xfx 3800, gigabyte K8N SLi motherboard and a 74gig raptor. Now ive built computers using sata before but this one just refused to pick the raptor up full stop. I put the nVidia drivers on using a floppy like you normally do, and ive enabled the sata in the bios but the windows setup still wont pick the thing up :angry:

anyone any ideas what im doing wrong?

i seem to have had that same problem with my 80 gb maxtor and 160gb wd both connected. I have a dell so everything about it sucks, but i fixed it eventually by continuingly changing the order of the sata cables and tyring the little plastic thingy in the back of you hdd that changes the primary and slave adds... trial land error i guess, hope this helps

Here - This will help you with your problem.
"You'll need to get the SATA/RAID Drivers from the Gigabyte Driver disk and put them on a floppy disk."

http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/sata_detect.html

(VERY IMPORTANT)
During installation at the very bottom of the screen it says, "PRESS F6 IF YOU NEED TO INSTALL A THIRD PARTY SCSI or RAID DRIVER"

PRESS F6 and follow the prompts and you'll eventually insert the floppy you made. Follow the link I posted.

thats the problem ive done that. It takes the drivers but still doesnt detect the hard drive.

Ive tried the drive in another machine that already has windows on it and it worked fine, I can go into the raid setup utility and i can select the drive there but im not using raid im just using the single drive.

ok fixed, turns out windows wont pick the disk up if raid is enabled but not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom