Toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchout58

Beta member
I know its not a huge problem but it is getting very annoying.

I am running XP home with IE v6.0.2900.2180 SP2.

My problem is that every time I change my IE toolbar to how I want it ......Address bar/Robo form toolbar/usual < > buttons/history/stop/home/refresh.

I set this all up and lock the tool bar from the view/toolbar menu.
All is well sometime for a couple of days sometimes only a couple of hours then the tool bar appears all over the place the address bar and robo form bar are gone or moved nearley off the page. So I have to go through the whole process again.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Already have done I have used adaware, spyware blaster, spybot and agv virus scanner. Nothing out of the ordinary has been reported from any of them.

yep sure I found this

OKB-107: Resolving problems with the IE toolbars being out of sync
Internet Explorer stores some toolbar data in a cache that can sometimes get out of sync with the registered toolbars. By deleting a key in your Windows registry, you can clear your IE toolbar cache. IE will reset the cache the next time you launch it.

Close all your browser windows.
Open the Windows registry editor by going to Start > Run and typing "regedit".
In the folder tree on the left side, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
On the right side, select ITBarLayout and delete it.
Launch a browser window and see if that fixed the problem.
Some toolbars may no longer by visible but you can redisplay them using View > Toolbars. The toolbar positioning may have changed as well. To reposition them, make sure that the "Lock the Toolbars" option in the View > Toolbars menu is unchecked, reposition the toolbars as desired, then check the aforementioned "Lock the Toolbars" option to save the new positions. The check marks in the View > Toolbars menu should now appear correctly only beside the toolbars that are displayed.

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you could cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Onfolio strongly advises users to backup their registry before making any changes. Here is a link to a Microsoft site outlining registry backup techniques: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256986#Topic2

Seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom